Note: This is the only way to control the handling of bounced email. Specifically, the "Errors-to:" SMTP header is deprecated and cannot be trusted to control how a bounced message will be handled. Also note that it is considered bad practice to send email with an untrusted "from" address unless you also set the bounce address. If your application allows users to enter an address which is used as the "from" address on an email, you should be sure to set the bounce address to a known good address.
• The top line in the P&L report is a statement of total revenue received.
• The next line usually subtracts cost of goods sold (COGS), direct production-related costs.
• The third line shows gross profit and may additionally give the gross profit margin figure.
• Subsequent lines subtract additional costs and expenses, presenting the figures spent on wages and benefits, marketing, rent, maintenance, insurance, equipment, taxes, legal fees, interest, and other financial charges – any and all costs incurred by the company.
• The next-to-last line is the total of all costs and expenses.
• The bottom line on a P&L report shows a company's net profit remaining after having subtracted all costs and expenses from total revenue; the figure is usually shown as both an absolute dollar amount and as a percentage of revenue, the net profit margin .